Emergency Dentist Etobicoke
Dental emergencies for both adults and children can be stressful and traumatic periods of time. In many situations, time is of the essence and getting to a professional health care provider as soon as possible increases the chances or restoring your smile. If you have an emergency, call Orchard Dental Care, your leading emergency dentists in Etobicoke.
If you have a dental emergency, we can provide the expert, quick and attentive service that you deserve. Give Orchard Dental Care a call and discover the unprecedented precision and attentiveness of our team, who strive to make each patient comfortable and happy.
DENTAL EMERGENCY SITUATIONS AND SERVICES
Dental emergencies could include anything that requires immediate medical attention, from malfunctions in your tooth restorations to severe damage and trauma.
Any dental emergency needs to be treated professionally and with precautions in place to ensure the safety and wellness of the patient. At the same time, there needs to be a delicate balance of speed and meticulousness to mitigate risk and deliver the best possible care. At Orchard Dental Care, our team is fully prepared to welcome you for fast, efficient, and proactive emergency dental services. When time is of the essence, you deserve a professional team with experience in a wide range of procedures. This is where we can step in and take the very best care of you within the comfortable and calming atmosphere of our clinic.
- A knocked-out tooth is a dental emergency that requires urgent attention. If the appropriate emergency steps are followed immediately after the tooth has been knocked out, the chances are strong that the tooth can be reinserted and preserved by your dentist.
Loose Tooth or Tooth Out of Alignment
- Teeth may get knocked around and loosened due to contact sports or accidents. If you have a tooth that is loose or out of alignment, call Orchard Dental Care for an emergency appointment right away. In the meantime, you can try to put the tooth back in its original position using your finger with very light pressure. Do not try and force it.
- If a tooth is chipped and doesn’t hurt, this usually does not constitute a dental emergency, and you can wait a few days to see a dentist. However, it is essential to be careful while chewing so as not to chip it more. Your emergency dentist may be able to smooth the chip out or add some composite filling material to repair the tooth.
- A cracked or fractured tooth is a serious issue constituting a dental emergency. Fractured or cracked teeth usually suggest damage has occurred inside of the tooth and the outside.
Tissue Injury and Facial Pain
- Any injury inside the mouth, such as puncture wounds, lacerations and tears to the lips, cheeks, mouth and tongue, are considered tissue injuries and a dental emergency. If you experience any tissue injury, it is vital to clean the area immediately with warm water. If the bleeding is coming from the tongue, gently pull the tongue forward and place pressure on the wound using gauze. It would be best if you got to an oral surgeon or nearby hospital emergency room as quickly as possible.
If you are not sure whether or not you have a real dental emergency, answer the following questions:
- Are you bleeding from the mouth?
- Are you in severe pain?
- Do you have any loose teeth?
- Have you been hit in the face or mouth?
- Do you have any swelling in the mouth or facial area?
- Do you have any bulges, swelling or knots on your gums?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you might be having a dental emergency and should call Orchard Dental, your emergency dentist in Etobicoke immediately. It’s essential to describe what has happened and what you are feeling.
HOW TO AVOID A DENTAL EMERGENCY
Many dental emergencies can be easily avoided by having routine check-ups with your dentist to ensure that your mouth and teeth are healthy, strong and free from decay.
Wearing a mouth guard during sports activities will help to prevent teeth from being chipped, knocked out or broken. Avoid chewing on ice and hard foods that may break or fracture your teeth. If you are planning to travel out of the country or leaving for an extended vacation, during which you may not have ready access to dental care, it is essential to see your dentist for a routine check-up before you leave. Your dentist can make sure that you don’t have any loose crowns or teeth decay close to the nerve of a tooth that could cause you pain or develop into an abscess or other problems that could be easily fixed before becoming a dental emergency later.
MEET OUR EMERGENCY DENTISTS IN ETOBICOKE
Our emergency dentists in Etobicoke have years of training and experience. When you have a dental emergency and need professional help, call Orchard Dental Care. Not only are you placing your smile in good hands, but we also give you the answers and information necessary to understand your unique situation.
Dr. Elizabeth Polanski specializes in family and cosmetic dentistry and is known as a gentle dentist for her careful and considerate treatment of patients. She offers a full range of services, including full mouth reconstruction, veneers, crowns, bridges, root canal treatment, preventive treatment, and teeth whitening. As a professional family dentist in Etobicoke, she provides quality dental care in a friendly atmosphere and believes her patients are the most critical part of the practice.
Dr. Martin Szczutkowski specializes in restorative dentistry, full-mouth fixed and removable prosthesis, rotary root canal therapy, surgical extractions including wisdom teeth extractions, periodontal surges and pediatric dentistry. As a professional family dentist in Etobicoke, his combination of bright intelligence and warm, courteous manner allows him to treat patients seeking to improve the appearance of their teeth and smile.
Our dedicated and friendly staff provide an easy-going office environment where we value your health, dental concerns, and personal choices. Together, we can give you the tools to prevent decay and maintain your optimal oral health.
ABOUT ORCHARD DENTAL CARE
Orchard Dental Care is a dental office in Etobicoke with flexible morning, evening and weekend hours to comfortably accommodate your entire family. Our emergency dentists treat patients of all ages and help restore your bright, beautiful smile after an injury or accident.
Conveniently located at 1062 Islington Ave in Etobicoke, our goal is to provide high-quality emergency dentistry to all our patients.